Sheridan Amusements Safety
Nothing is more important to Sheridan Amusements than the safety of our millions of riders each year. Each week after setting up our midway, each ride is thoroughly inspected by a qualified third party inspector such as a local fire department or government agency as well as a trained Sheridan Amusements ride supervisor. On a daily basis, each ride and attraction is carefully looked over by one of our ride supervisors ensuring our riders safety. In the event that something may need repair, it is repaired by our full time mechanic or electrician and then re-inspected for opening.
Aside from daily inspections, our equipment is maintained at our Florida based winter quarters during each off season. At this time, equipment is inspected with a fine tooth comb; rebuilding mechanical parts, rewiring electrical components, and repainting equipment in need of refurbishment. At times, some of our equipment is stripped down to the trailer frame and rebuilt from the ground up. Our strict maintenance program ensures a quality presentation at your event.
We also want to remind our guests to use common sense while riding our rides and attractions and to be sure to read posted rules. Each attraction has rider rules and regulations posted near the entrance. Some good general rules to follow include:
- Walk, don't run on ride platforms and or midway grounds.
- While riding, sit in your seat and make use of the provided restraint.
- Do not stand up while riding.
- Read and adhere to posted height requirements.
- If your child is unsure about a particular ride, it is a good idea to watch the ride operate so that he/she can become familiarized with its motions before deciding whether or not they wish to ride.